||Born: March 7, 1926, Czechoslovakia.
Studies: College of Fine Arts in Zlin and Academy of Fine Arts
in Prague - Special Master School of Professor Otakar Spaniel, followed by one
year of postgrad. fellowship.
Represented: Six works in the National Gallery in Prague and
in various public and private collections.
In 1964 appointed professor of Sculpture at the Sculpture College in Horice, Czechoslovakia.
In 1968 awarded the Prize of the City of Pilsen for creation of outdoor sculptural
works in the area.
Came to Canada in Fall of 1968 after the Soviet invasion
Taught Figural Sculpture at the University of Western Ontario in 1971-72 and 1972-73.
Director of St. Thomas Art Gallery 1973-80.
Canadian shows (mainly
One Man shows):
University of Windsor, Public Galleries in London, Sarnia, Woodstock, Owen Sound,
Brantford, St. Thomas.
Main works in Canada:
The bust of Canadian publisher Frederick Kerr.
The plaque, awarded yearly from 1983 until 2001 to the main speaker at the UWO
Annual Lecture in Paediatric
and Community Dentistry.
The bronze statuary of Mother and Child in front of
St. Thomas Public Library.
Now works in his studio in London, Ontario.